Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Night at the Prom

A Night at the Prom


Read a newspaper this afternoon, and it tells about the writer's prom ten years ago. She writes all the beautiful things they made and how she spent her prom night before. While reading the context, it comes to my mind to write my story on my prom's night. I'm not that confident since nobody knows what happened to me the night of the prom. I just keep it secret, eventhough I had a great memory back then. I just don't want anybody knows about it since I don't know if they will believe to my story. But four years is too long, and decided why not write it when some of my classmates didn't see me anymore after our graduation. So here's my story.


I belong to pilot class when prom is not the talk-of-the-class, we we're more on geometry, balancing chemicals, solving equations, analyzing phenomena, etc. Nobody talked about it since we do have lot of things to do than spending time thinking the prom. Though other sections are talking about it everyday on what to wear, the concepts and who's they're going to. We're just being silent, though I know we we're thinking about it secretly, we just don't want to get embarrass.

On that December, our batch president asked for a meeting regarding what will happen for our prom. I didn't attend since I hate talking fancy things which are far from reality. I just know that our prom will be held in school and the concepts was all about fairy tales. What a stupid concept, why do they have to deal those mushy things? why not make it a simple as it can be. When we talked about fairy tales, its too expensive, and I don't want to spend my father's money just for it. I just decided not to attend. I rather be at home instead and make my projects.

Two weeks before the prom, our batch president told us that we should start practicing steps so that we will not be ashamed to our partners. Since, I belong to dance club, I'l be one to teach them. Well, things get better 'coz everyone was willing to learn the dance steps. It seemed that prom season now started to bloom in the campus.

It was Monday, four days before the prom, my father asked me if what should I wear on the prom. I said I might used the old polo since I don't like attending it or I might not attend just what I decided before. I went to school with qualms on my head wither to attend or not. As I arrived our room was so noisy since they're now talking about their dresses and to whom they go with. I just sat down and remain silent of the weird things that happened in the class.

Thursday afternoon, everyone was excited, they got their dresses and I think they have already their partners. Things get worst since we don't have class on that day for the preparation of the prom. Imagine, two days of not having class because of that prom! I hate it. I rather have a class than spending it with prom things. I just went home and slept.

Friday, prom day, everyone was kept on sending messages and wishing good luck for tonight's event. Everyone seemed so busy spending on how to look good while I was at home doing absolutely nothing. What should have a gay expect in that kind of event? Oh, I might be an outcast, or worst sat all alone in the balcony. Oh God! I don't want to go to prom anymore. I just don't that things to be happened.

An hour before the prom, my bestfriend Louichelle texted and asked where was I. I just said I was in home making the term paper. She shouted over the phone and said I should have to attend since it was our night. Oh, I'm sorry best, I don't want to see myself hanging on things with nothing to gain. I didn't find it joy, I find it weird. I hate those people started this stupid prom now. Why should we need to attend? How silly.

Guess what, I found myself standing in school's gate with an empty thought . I wonder why should am i here and wore this longsleeve from my classmate's father. I just stepped close to the party and saw my schoolmates dancing with their partners. I found myself get jealous, hatred came ovr, and mixed emotions!. I ended up sitting in the balcony and watching them. I cried, and I don't know why. This might be my worst night ever. I shouldn't attend the party instead. Grrrhh...

Well, my classmates saw me and brought me to dance floor to join them. To my surprise I saw myself dancing disco for the first time. Things slowly became good until I saw Marlowe, my ultimate crush, dancing his gf Jelou. They're so sweet and I saw how the hands of Marlowe touched the moaning body of Jelou. Oh! God, don't let me see them kissing I might fell from this dance floor. I can't accept this anymore, it's better to go out than hurting myself.

I went straight to the parking lot and let my tears burst. I sat on the grass and let my emotions go. The world is so unfair, why do i feel this thing to a man like me. Ironically, I was just there in prom to get hurt. I blame myself for attending the event.I shouldn't attend instead, but it woke me up to reality. I asked myself, why I became a gay?

I was on the grass for an hours, I didn't realize that the party was over. I kept on crying to the mess I made. I blamed myself for letting me love the guy who could never,ever love me back.I just cried to relieve the pain until I realized there was someone standing beside me.

It was him, the one who broke my heart, standing there. He looked at me as if nothing happened as I wept my tears. I stood and left the place but he grabbed my arm and said, "why are you crying? Is that because of what you saw a while ago? ". I just looked at him and continued to walk. God knows how much I wanted to kiss and hug this guy. God please let me go before I can do things bad. Believe me, he hugged me before I made a step for the first time. I just let myself being embrace by someone. Anyways, this all I wanted for.

He took me home with his motor. I could still remember how he let my arm embrace his body. Yes, he knew before what I felt for him since we were close friends only during weekends. He just let me love him though I know he will not respond it. He just let my prom be memorable and unforgettable.



Source: bioutloud.net

No comments:

Post a Comment